Grief, Lifestyle, love, Notes.

When You Feel Like You’ve Got Nothing Left, Give Up

March 14, 2017

Yeah I’ve been there… Many times the heaviness of life makes you feel like you’ve lost more than you’ve gained. Losing makes you feel weak and feeling weak makes you feel like you’ve got nothing left. The moment you feel like you’ve got nothing left, is the moment you feel like giving up. But then, something happens. There’s a shift. The shift can only happen when you’ve given up. Oh, did you think I was going to tell you not to give up? Nope. There is freedom in giving up. There is freedom in knowing that when you give up and take your hands off of your situation, there’s a shift. Something clicks. You were never in control.

The “giving up” I speak of is the releasing of desiring to control the outcome. I’d never encourage you to give up on a dream or on a loved one, but rather to take your hands off of it. Many times the heaviness of life makes you feel like you’ve lost more than you’ve gained but imagine the reward that is stored in Heaven because you’ve decided to follow the narrow path. You’ve made a statement that makes it clear who is really in control.

Losing my husband was my rock bottom, that was the biggest loss of my life, but I’m realizing that so many people have been touched by his story. So many have gained knowledge of who God is through the mercy he has shown. As painful as the loss is, I have found so much freedom in giving up all my questions as to why this had to happen. God always knows best and he always wants the best for us but we must first give up what we “think” is the best for us.

I wanted to share this song because I feel like so many things are changing in my life and I wanted to document this moment. There’s a shift that is occurring and is causing so many doors to open and avenues of creativity to flow. The thing is that no matter what happens my desire is to never ever have my hands on it, I gave up all control so that I have the best story that my Creator has to write. Who’s giving up with me?

You Might Also Like

20 Comments

• Reply Marily Rodriguez March 15, 2017 at 8:49 pm

Beautiful post…may God continue to bless you and strengthen you.

• Reply Kim Luarks March 16, 2017 at 9:30 am

Girl I’m giving up with you! Been gave up!

• Reply Marisel March 16, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Love this Michelle. It was so beautiful and inspiring. God is turning your pain to joy and the fact that your giving it up to God is so encouraging for those of us who are weak in our faith and strong in our doubt sometimes. God has his perfect reasons. May he continue to bless you and guide your paths. Praying for you mama. 😍

• Reply Charnelle Barclay March 18, 2017 at 7:45 pm

This is just wow
    Thank you for your vulnerability and heart
    In my thoughts and prayers xx

• Reply Loidymaris March 20, 2017 at 2:25 pm

I’m so inspired by your story. I can’t imagine your pain, now I see my husband and I want to value every second by his side. The plans of God are always perfect, even in the hardest moments he make a way to perfect ourselves. Everyday I say to him, father I want to trust you every second of my life, and I want to give up my thoughts, my goals, my dreams to take yours God, cause you always knows what you’re doing, even if I don’t understand.

Michelle, God has plans for you that you even can not imagine. But I know you’ll be a huge instrument in his hands. Blessings

• Reply Meli M March 20, 2017 at 4:50 pm

Thank you so much. I have been going through an extremely difficult,tumultuous season in my life. However, as I read your posts it fills me with such hope and encouragement. I’ve had so many questions that I’ve cried to God ,pleading for answers as to why this is happening. But I’m gonna give up into His arms,and trust Him. Thank you.

• Reply Kelsey March 21, 2017 at 12:27 am

I watched your latest video and instantly started crying; partially because I was filled with sadness, but instantly I was filled with happiness and admiration for your strength. God will and is using you for a greater purpose. Your strength will change and inspire those around you, continue to lean on God through your hard times (which I know you do.) Stay blessed, I see purpose & power in you!

Much love!

• Reply Lindsay March 24, 2017 at 10:59 am

I am praying for you daily dear friend. You are a true embodiment of Proverbs 31, and you will laugh at the days to come. There is great joy ahead of your sorrow, and an unimaginable strength that God is producing in your weakness.

• Reply Nicole March 24, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Thank you Michelle. I never leave a comment on a blogpost whatsoever, but just thank you for this. The pain must be undescribable, but you’re right: God is so much bigger than every single pain we have to endure.

Today at my theological course that I’m doing we were talking today about the Psalms, and II’d like to share this little thought we were talking about earlier on. The psalms can be grouped in different groups because of the the three categories/seasons in life: orientation, disorientation and new or reorientation.

When we are in orientation, everything seems fine and we can thank God. In disorientation we don’t know or understand why bad things are happening to us and there is only space for grief. And with the new orientation God takes us out of our pain and shows us how we can live this new life, because we are changed through this disorientated season. And with this new life we draw only closer to Him.

God is with you all times and thanks to the Lord for the faithful heart He’s given you.

Much love and God bless!

Nicole

• Reply Olga March 28, 2017 at 11:55 am

Hi Michelle, I did not know you before loosing you husband but I do want to say that god is using you and your husband to touch all of us. god is using you and your story to grow our faith and I just want to say thank you.

Psalm 46: 1-3
    1God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.
    2So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.
    3Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!

Psalm 46: 10
    10“Be still, and know that I am God!
    I will be honored by every nation.
    I will be honored throughout the world.”

• Reply Genesis March 28, 2017 at 4:37 pm

I loved reading this Michelle, God bless you!!
    Just continue to walk in his grace, and love , your such a powerful leader and it’s amazing, we have to realize this is not about us God has something so much bigger than what our eyes can even picture and it’s all for his glory and I’m with you I’m giving up! Have your way father !

• Reply Rebecca March 28, 2017 at 6:27 pm

God bless you.

• Reply Aleyah Moore March 29, 2017 at 11:02 am

Amen sis ! This is all for ABBA’s glory . Many people have been touched through this we not understand in full but later we will . Your husband seemed to have such a sweet soul . You have a new ministry now ! God bless sissy 💕

• Reply Nancy March 30, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Amen and Amen! When we realize the sovereignty of God and release it all to Him, that’s when we are truly free. He did not promise joy in this world, but He did promise to hold us through it and to eagerly await our reward in heaven. God bless you chica!

• Reply Bre Joanne April 16, 2017 at 4:15 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your testimony! You have no idea just how much your words have encouraged me during a time when I felt like I was losing everything. During a time of much grief, despair, and confusion. I was browsing through YouTube, and your video just popped up. The title caught my attention, and I was compelled to watch. God doesn’t always go the conventional route, but when he shows up its always on time. If I may be honest, God used your YouTube video to wake me up! I was so consumed with the disappointments of life. I’m 25, and I felt as though life had crushed me before I even had the opportunity to live. Then all of that stopped as I listened to your words, you were pouring your heart out to the world. You didn’t have to share, but I’m so glad that you did! Someone once told me that “it’s easy to believe God until the unbelievable thing happens to us.” It’s easy to have faith during a time when everything is fine. When you have your health, your loved ones, and stability. But what do you do when your world is shattered. Do you forfeit your faith, or do you stand on God’s word more than ever? You’ve inspired me to keep moving forward, but this time giving God my whole heart. I’m encouraged to start writing again, and allowing the Lord to use my pain as power to do his work! Mrs. Michelle Ana, you are a living testimony to the miraculous keeping power of God. May the Lord continue to guide, and keep your heart and mind. Again, thank you for sharing! May the blessings of God overtake you. xoxoxo ~Bre~

• Reply Steh April 23, 2017 at 8:23 pm

watched your videos and know about your story of love with your husband just changed my life. I don’t have words to explain it. But I need to say: Thank you.

• Reply Aza April 24, 2017 at 2:32 pm

I was really just in the bus listening to music and feeling the urge to cry ive been feeling for days and days. And i got down to sit on a bench, shut down my music because your words always lift me up. I need to give up with you. No more stressing over the number of bills and money, family and future, im giving up with you. Writing from a small town in Paris and I thank you. Your testimony makes me wanna get closer to God.

• Reply Kaytlin May 2, 2017 at 12:22 am

This is beautiful, I’m giving up with you.
    Your words brings me closer to God, I look up to you.

• Reply Athaar Abdelaziz May 10, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Hi! Can I recommend a book for you? “Reclaim your heart” by Yasmin Mogahed.

• Reply Cynthia May 13, 2017 at 1:36 pm

I stumbled upon your YouTube channel after your husband passed and I remember feeling “emotional” about it. Then today, your vlog was suggested again then your blog. I woke up this morning with a burden (I actually fixed an “appointment” with God to intercess for a close family member) and of recent I’ve been hurt and disappointed. On waking up this morning, I just didn’t know what to pray because I felt exhausted. I’m giving up with you. Totally. I trust God. Love, from Nigeria.